tongue

tongue

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Progress

Well I have been working away on a couple different quilts. I am focusing on finishing some of the blocks of the months that I have been working on. I did a block of the month with the group of guild girls that I get together with every two weeks. It is together but needs borders. I think it turned out nice with that big star in the middle!!


I have also been trying to finish one of the four kaleidoscope of Kolor. There are 58 appliquéd stars in the outside border. So I am appliquéing them and then attaching the border to the quilt. I even appliqued some of them in metallic thread and I must say it was not a pain, as I had feared. I am not a big fan of appliqué. But seeing I do want to finish them it needs to be done.


Now a friend of mine told me a big hint. One of those hints that when she started I thought I knew what she was going to say. But even thou you know something, sometimes you do not think of doing it in another way. I knew that you could use glad peel and seal to embroider faces onto appliqued blocks. You mark it on the peel and seal, sew thru it and remove it. It sticks to the fabric so you can see it. But my friend fought me on "knowing" that when she explained how I could use it for machine quilting. I am just beginning and like the idea of a pattern on the fabric to follow. So I can draft my quilt pattern on the peel and seal, quilt it and not have to worry about pinning it to the fabric!! What a great idea!! So I am motivated to get back to machine quilting again!! (Please read the next blog, it is limited!!!!)



Aug 1st. Time to check in with the fabric and thread that is going into my cat bag!! Here it is for July!!

Until the next stitch!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the hint about the glad press and seal. New to me and sounds like a good one to try. Any other tips, please pass along.

    ReplyDelete