tongue

tongue

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jelly Roll Race!!

Well the race is on.  At the Gathering of the Guilds last week, there were some samples of the Jelly Roll race.  I had never heard of it.  My friend from Red Quilts told me about it.  I watched the You Tube video and the race was on!!  So I went to my local quilt store, The Christmas Crab Quiltery and they had two choices of jelly rolls.  This is what I decided to use.




So I went home last night, finished up a block of the month I was working on, and then I sewed and sewed and sewed.  Here is what I got in the end.




I am sorry to say, I think it is the ugliest thing I have ever made.  I am thinking I should of waited and got another fabric line.  That being said, I have decided to sell it.  I have never sold a quilt before.  I am taking a machine quilting refresher course next week.   It will be a perfect piece to practice free motion quilting on.  So I am going to find a border fabric tonight so I can finish the top.  So do you agree???  Is it ugly to you???

6 comments:

  1. I do not like these continuous jelly roll quilts; many people in my guild make them for charity and cancer quilts; I think they reflect the little time put into their design....just my opinion, but I guess it's obvious I have one, isn't it.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally disagree with Kathy. I do not think that just because something is quicker that it negates the quality or attractiveness of the item. I like the top Janet, but I can see why you don't like it....it's totally not your colors :) I think Amanda will like it and so would my nieces. It needs a big bright modern floral from Marden's in Houlton for the borders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I;d seen the quilt tops before and didn't catch what it was called. Definitely on the modern quilting end of the spectrum tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Shelly....If you put a small solid border and then a bright modern floral. You will be surprised how it will chande the look...

    I'm not sure what Linda said....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m sorry, but I have to agree with you.......it´s ugly. My husband, on the other hand, thought it was nice!!!!!
    One idea is to applique some small flowers on it, I think I would do that.
    Gun, Sweden

    ReplyDelete